I don't know who he *should* pick (my perspective on that is highly skewed by the fact that I very much want McCain to lose the election) but I'll hazard a guess about who he *will* pick: Joe Lieberman.
I'm posting this several weeks after the original thread was published and since then I've seen several talking head references to Colin Powell and Condi Rice. Can anyone over 40 believe that Republicans are looking to "blacken up" their ticket? I'm incredulous! Apparently their internal polls show that many middle of the road Americans do feel that it is time for an African American to have his/her turn in the Oval Office. Enough people have expressed this sentiment that the Republican powers that be are seriously considering Powell and Rice for Veep. This is some wild year!
Welcome to the La Canada-Flintridge Virtual Town Square, a place for the residents of La Canada, California, to stand on their virtual soap boxe. Though sponsored by the La Canada-Flintridge Democratic club, this blog is open to any resident of La Canada. The purpose of LCFVTS is to encourage constructive dialog between people with different points of view, so non-Democrats are specifically encouraged to participate. To get signed up, just send an email to: admin at lcfblog dot com.
3 comments:
I don't know who he *should* pick (my perspective on that is highly skewed by the fact that I very much want McCain to lose the election) but I'll hazard a guess about who he *will* pick: Joe Lieberman.
It is amazing but I agree. Democrat Joe Lieberman will help satisfy the conservative base of the Republican Party.
I'm posting this several weeks after the original thread was published and since then I've seen several talking head references to Colin Powell and Condi Rice. Can anyone over 40 believe that Republicans are looking to "blacken up" their ticket? I'm incredulous! Apparently their internal polls show that many middle of the road Americans do feel that it is time for an African American to have his/her turn in the Oval Office. Enough people have expressed this sentiment that the Republican powers that be are seriously considering Powell and Rice for Veep. This is some wild year!
Post a Comment